Saturday, January 14, 2012

14th of January 2012

Brrrrrrrrrr shivver me timbers its a cold one today! The news report stated it would be -6 degrees celsius! Very chilly indeed. So I decided to dress appropriately for the weather.

My Auntie and Uncle were in town this weekend and they were heading to Bletchley Park- its a place in the UK where during the second world war they worked to try and crack the enigma machines. They invited me along as well as I'd never been- it was brilliant! I didnt expect to learn anything (I'll be honest, I thought it was a park) but I loved learning about how the enigma machines worked.

I have to say I was very pleased I wore todays shoes (well, boots?) I bought these a couple of years ago when I was living in the Netherlands- we had a LOT of snow and I was sick of cold/wet feet. I figured some apre-ski boots might work and I'd always fancied a pair of moon boots. They do work perfectly in the very cold and also wet weather- they're lined so they're pretty much water proof (I wouldnt exactly walk through a river in them but you know what I mean)

Admittedly, they make my legs looks like a Bratz doll but my feet were very toasty all day long and I love my moon boots :D The socks are seperate (where the dark grey ends is the end of the boot)



These boots are by O'neill and I bought them from www.surfdome.com they dont make them in the same colour any more but they do have a lot of boots on that site. I've accidentally just clicked on it and there are now items in my basket... Still, with the British weather at least they'll get worn ;)

Love always,
Tishoo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment