Wednesday, February 15, 2012

6th of February 2012

Let it snow...
Hmmm, might have been better if it didnt snow actually. I was supposed to be in Amsterdam today but due to the conditions on the road and the conditions at the airport, I didnt get my flight so I'm still in blighty, freezing my extremities off! So, into the office I go...

Arriving at the office it was clear that no one had been in to grit the car park... slidey! So I pulled into what roughly looked like a space (as it melted I realised I was bang smack in the middle of two spaces) and plodded into the office.

These boots... are probably the most expensive pair I own. In terms of inital layout cost at least. A very clever friend of mine helped me devise something sensible though- my CPW value. (Cost per wear) which means these boots are probably the best value for money I own.

I saw these boots in New York. I wanted them, instantly. I was in the Ugg Australia store on 5th Avenue (along with about 40 thousand other people) and I wanted these boots soooo badly. Unfortunately as I'd been in New York for a week by then, I'd spent up (in fact I'd spent over and brought out Mr Visa by then too) I couldnt justify them.... So I spent approximately 2 and half years after that day looking at the price of these babies to see if the price would go down. It didnt.

So in December when we got paid early for Christmas and I thought 'Oooh I've got loads of money' (which I didnt actually have- it was just early) I went and bought them. FINALLY, I shut up about the Kensington uggs!


I went to buy these boots when my Dutch and Australian friends were over to visit. My Australian friend was outraged by how much I had spent on them and that I'd just walked into the shop to get them without thinking about it. Little did he know I'd spent the last 2 and half years thinking about buying them!!

I did try them on though, I didnt just grab them off the shelf and go and pay. But my goodness if I'd had any doubts about spending so much they all vanished when I put one on my cold little socked foot. They are like putting your food into a pillow, or an angels hair. Soooo soft, sooo comfortable... so warm... The finest, softest leather on the outside, filled to bursting with the finest sheep wool (Merino) I was not leaving the store without them.

And as if I could anyway- they have buckles on them (buckles, bows, embellishments, I'm nothing if not consistent). And the love was born, the boots were bought, the bank account was emptied and then we went for lunch at Yo Sushi and I clung onto my bag for dear life. I was so happy that day. :D


In honesty I'm happy every time I have these on my feet. I sometimes apologise to the cow that died to make them, but I also thank that cow too, for giving me warm and most importantly DRY feet when I wear them. The problem with other ugg boots is they're not waterproof. Now whilst I wouldnt wade into the ocean in these, a rain storm does not have me diving into the nearest shop to shelter whilst it passes (unlike my other uggs).

I am fanatical about these boots. I keep them in their box and put the paper and mould back in them when they're stored. I've only had them a few months but I want them to last me forever.

If you're in doubt because of the price tag, buy them. They are simply...AMAZING.

And also I ran across the snow and didnt slip so HAPPY DAYS!

Love you ugg boots, really I do!

Love always, (and a lot of it today... ahhhh)
Tishoo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment