Wednesday, February 15, 2012

8th of February 2012

Ok, OK I admit it. After my rather boastful claims that I could walk 'absolutely FIIIIINE' in yesterdays shoes, I did totter across the car park and slide, quite bambi like, into my own car door. No one saw. That I know of. And my feet were a bit chilly... (no pain no gain) so I thought I should wear some more sensible shoes today.

These boots, were from the closing down sale- they came in the pink box, they allowed enough room for 2 pairs of socks too! (well, a pair of tights and a pair of socks) they didnt go with my outfit, but my feet were not cold. Phew! And in honesty these boots were bought to replace another pair that have long been buried.

Many years ago, I was a 'helper' on a 68 mile walk! Fortunately I didnt have to walk 69 miles, however, I did have a similar pair of boots to these (heel a bit higher though) and I did walk part of the walk in these too... the 10 mile stretch... the hardest stretch too. I agreed to walk it to help jolly along the other walkers. I am, to this day, lucky to be alive. When you've already walked 40 miles and some hyperactive lunatic in high heels comes to walk 10 miles with you all the way saying 'oh its not much further, I can see the signs from here cant you' you do want to commit murder. The walk was also through the woods, so they could have disposed of the body very easily. But they didnt murder me. However the muddy, bumpy terrible, clay layden path did murder the boots. So I replaced them with these similar ones.



But I dont think i'll do a 10 mile walk in these. Although never say never.

Love always,
Tishoo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment