Wednesday, February 15, 2012

7th of February 2012

Is it Winter? Really? I hadn't noticed (Holds up *SARCASM* board for Sheldon Cooper)
So its only appropriate I stick to my guns and wear totally inappropriate shoes for work.

Yes, there is still snow on the ground, yes, it is minus something outside, yes, there is a very good chance of slipping over and landing on my face. No, none of those things will stop me wearing silly shoes.


Whilst writing this blog, I've become almost painfully aware of how many pairs of shoes have appeared before my eyes when I'm either a) skint, or b) waiting for payday. This says 2 things to me. 1. I need to stop being skint. and 2. I need to stop living for payday.

I am going to do approximately nothing about the above 2 realisations. Well, unless buying a lotto ticket and crossing my fingers counts?! Or swearing I'll never have children so I dont literally become the old woman who lived in a shoe. (although I could design a house shaped as a shoe if the first plan comes to light... just a thought)

Anyway, these shoes (as if the above doesnt help give it away) appeared about a week before payday. In fact I had popped out on my lunch break to go to boots to buy a meal deal...(tight budget and all) and ended up going into Outfit (a large retail store) just to 'have a quick look'. Quick looks always end in disaster dont they!

So milling about and I see a woman bringing out some NEW SHOES for her display... I had to have a look at the new season stuff didnt I!!! And it was too late to back away I'd already seem them. I'd already fallen in love and I wasnt leaving without them. I asked her if I could try them on... now I wasnt intending to buy them. They werent in the sale and I didnt have any money left (thats a lie, I did, but I would have to go without food for a week if I spent said remaining cash) but the woman kindly pointed out they did student discount... I wasnt a student... however!!! I had a student card from the evening law course I'd been doing!!! AMAZING! So I'd get 15% off. Which was good because I contemplated distracting the security guard and pretending I'd walked in, in them. (I didnt, I am joking to get across the point of how badly I wanted them)

So I bought them. And when I got home I got told off because I shouldnt be buying shoes when I didnt have any money. (well I didnt pay with magic beans so I must have had some :-P ) but as if I care. I got to wear them out a few weeks later and I got lots of compliments in the club :)

I also now have a dress and a clutch bag that match the colours exactly so they were a good investment really...


Today I wore them with black trousers, a shirt the same colour as the pinkey/orange part and a black jumper and leg warmers- its still minus something outside!!

Love always,
Tishoo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment