Tuesday, January 17, 2012

16th of January 2012

Monday, back in the office and BRRRRR has it turned cold in Blighty this weekend. Time to bring out the tights. And with all good tights, you should wear good shoes.

Mondays choice of boots are naughty- they're a copy of a Christian Louboutin pair, and also an almost exact replica of a Guess pair (down to the detailling on the buttons) Victoria Beckham (LOVE her!) wore the Louby pair (she is my idol, Victoria Poppins as far as I'm concerned- practically perfect in every way) the only difference between the guess pair and these is that these have a red sole (so Louboutin!) I dont think Guess would have got away with that copyright infringement...

I saw these in a shop in Utrecht, the Netherlands. My friend and I had decided to try out the shops there to see what we could find. This happened to be the first shop we went into after getting off the train (BAD GIRLS!) I picked them up to point out they were a copy of previously mentioned shoes and my oh my, they were so soft. Oh and I'd picked up my size.... couldnt hurt to try them on?

I had no intention of buying them- ankle boots cut me off at the ankle making my short legs look even shorter, so it was merely for effect I tried them on... only to discover that due to the fitted shape at the ankle and the vertically aligned buttons... they didnt cut me off. And my goodness are they comfy!!


This is actually the SECOND pair of these boots. I loved and wore the first pair so much that they fell apart. Normally I'm an avid fan of repairs- a number of my shoes have been re-heeled or re-soled, I can never bring myself to throw away a pair. But the first pair were loved to death, the buttons came off, the heel worn down to the metal spike and the soles almost wore through... I shed a tear when I let those babies go. But I replaced them with the same pair so its all good :)


These shoes boots make me very happy. They may not be everyones cup of tea but I love them dearly and could happily sit and stare at them for a while. Hence the previous pair (RIP) were loved to death.

I love shoes that make you smile. It may be mid-January, my shoe funds may be well below the desired levels until pay day but these shoes, make me GRIN. Oh and the tights are Primarni (Read: Primark) I've also seen them in New Look and Boots.

Love always (and a hug today, why not)
Tishoo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment