Friday, January 6, 2012

6th of January 2012

Well, it's FRIDAY! and as I'm usually the only one in the office on Fridays (and partly still in Amsterdam mode) its 'casual Friday'. Which basically means jeans to the office.

I'm actually wearing a pair of 'boyfriend fit' jeans, which is a first for me. They're also UK size 10, a victory for me :) so i figured I'd go for some casual (ish) boots. And... um... some thick winter socks (its still January come on!)

So my boots, as with all my shoes, come with a story. I saw these boots online initially. I had receieved an email from River Island telling me about their sale so had a quick look and found these boots. Hurrah, loved them, went to add them to my basket. NOOOOOOO worst scenario- didnt have my size, or anything near. :( my colleague, noting my horror proceeded to order herself a pair. AGH!

So a bit miffed and a feeling a sense of loss over the boots that never were, I ordered some tights and a hat and sulked about not having the boots.

At the first opportunity, I rushed into the nearest River Island to see if they had them in store. WHAT! How can this be- they didnt have them. 3 River Islands later and I still couldnt find them. I'd given up hope (and ended up buying 2 other pairs of shoes during the hunt, whoops) so I set about my other plans and tried to forget about them.

I absolutely did NOT spend time daydreaming about them (I so did) and did not desperately look for alternatives (so, SO did) and so when I went into River Island with my sister I was not expecting to find these beauties sat on the shelf waiting for me. The last pair, in my size, in the sale. I was like a woman possessed getting these babies to the till before another woman wrestled me to the ground for them. Love at first sight :)


So these are the boots for January 6th 2012.

My obsession with shoes doesnt end. I live, dream, eat and sleep shoes so this article in Red magazine caught my eye. Not because it was about consumerism, women's spending power or the way women shop. But because it has a Christian Louboutin shoe stood on a load of 20s. I love the picture, I find it beautiful and powerful. My eyes lit up, wow I love that shoe and purple money. I also love Christian Louboutins. His ideas behind fashion and the links to sex intrigue me and make sense. How sexy is that shoe?

Anyway before I go off on one, I'll leave you with the beautiful photography. Bear in mind a photo on a blackberry of a magazine picture doesnt really do it justice but you get the jist ;)


Love always,
Tishoo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment