Tuesday, January 31, 2012

29th of January 2012

When you go shopping (e.g. clothes/christmas/item shopping- not grocery shopping) and you see women in 6 inch heels tottering around, what do you think? I alway, without a doubt, think 'Hats off girl friend' and 'bet your feet are killing you!'.

I have wondered for a long time how they do it. Whilst I love heels, and have even been known to walk 9 miles of a sponsored walk in heels (they werent stilettos or high, I'm not completely mad) I just cant shop in heels.

Despite trying.

So its probably no surprise that todays shoes ('sneakers') were bought in a 'I-cannot-take-another-step-in-these-heels' panic. I had gone out shopping. In an attempt to look effortlessly chic I wore low (and wide) heels. It didnt work, within the first 4 miles my feet were screaming with pain and I couldnt try any shoes on, on account of my feet having swollen up 2 sizes. It just wasnt working. So I bought these to prevent bunions, quit pretending I'm a celebrity that can shop in heels and finally, be able to try on shoes. (oh and walk!)

They're primarni specials, and very battered looking now but they're perfect in some ways. They slide easily into a handbag for emergency shoe situations, they're comfortable and they're cute monochrome leopard print. Bargains!


So I keep these for those days where I want to pretend I can walk miles in heels and know the second anyone I know turns their back, these will be out to save my toes!

Love always,
Tishoo xx

PS, We all do it, its sensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment