Sunday, January 8, 2012

8th of January 2012

I feel like I should start todays shoe blog with an apology. Todays shoes need to be taken to a vet and put down. But I just cant bring myself to do it. They're the most battered trainers I've ever owned. (trainers, again, sorry 5 days of heels next week, promise) I dont really have any sentimental attachment to them either. So why am I wearing them?

Well- Its sunday. My movements today will be from the washing machine, to the clothes drier, to the couch, to the kitchen and eventually back to bed. In effect I'm not going to leave the comfort of my apartment. Well thats not strictly speaking true- I need to go downstairs to the bins, so I'll need some shoes for that. TADA! Battered old Adidas goodyears. A friend once told me 'they look like you stole them from a 9 year old boy' and they do.

So as I'm having a lazy day I'm wearing some lazy trainers. In theory I should have put some of the stilts on today that I cant walk in and hence probably cant comfortably wear for a whole day, but I feel that defeats the object somewhat. So thats what you're up against, brutal honesty!

As well as the trainers today I'm wearing some toe socks, since I'll be padding about in the house all day and I dont want cold tootsies. These should also go to footwear heaven as they have a bit of a hole in them (you can spot that in the photo) but oh well, I'm a slob today, what can I say! Come back tomorrow, I've got some beauts lined up.

On my final note for today you'll get to see one of the many shoe related things I live with. My door stops. In my apartment I have some big heavy doors that slam and drive me mad so I like to keep them open. What else would I keep a door open with?!?!?

Yes of course! Shoes! These little babies are from Dwell home furnishings. I just HAD to have them.

More tomorrow when my extreme case of lazi-ass-ness will have disappeared to make way for work! Well I suppose I have to support the habit somehow :)

Love always,
Tishoo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment